FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I receive none or only a few meeting requests?
- None? Have you planned your attendance and chosen the time sessions?
- Only a few? - The better your profile the more meeting requests you will receive. Often companies want to bypass the registration quickly and do not insert meaningful and qualitative organisation descriptions and collaboration wishes (I am offering ..., I am looking for ...) A low quality profile doesn't animate other companies to get in contact with you ...
- You are a buyer? It is your responsability to select the producers you are interested in and send meeting requests to them.
- You are a producer? Only buyers can request meetings with you. If you recieved a meeting request, please accept or decline.
Why publish a high quality collaboration profile in the Marketplace?
- The Marketplace give you the opportunity to publish and promote your collaboration wishes before and after the event.
- Event participants but also any other web user can find and read your organisation details and your published cooperation wishes.
- A statistical analysis of 500 matchmaking events showed that high quality profiles are visited about 50 to 150 times.
- The better your profile the more meetings requests you will receive at the end.
How does the matchmaking work?
At a matchmaking event people meet and greet at high speed. Bilateral meetings take usually 20 or 30 minutes, which is usually enough to forge business connections. Then the bell rings and the next meeting starts.
Each participant registers with a cooperation profile which will be displayed at the event website. Only buyers can online select meetings with other participants they would like to personally talk to. A few days before the event, each participant will receive a meeting schedule, showing WHO he/she will meet WHEN and WHERE.
What are the benefits of participating in the matchmaking event?
All participants can present their products/requests online already BEFORE the event. The cooperation profiles will be extensively promoted. Participants can get in contact with each other already before the event and know exactly who they will meet at the event. A matchmaking event therefore presents a very efficient and focused way of finding new collaboration partners.
How can I register to the event?
Click on the green button "Register" on the startpage to start the registration process. Registration deadline is 31st of October.
What type of information do I need to fill in the registration form?
- Form 1: Plan your attendance and choose the sessions for your meetings
- Form 2: Contact data (Person and Company) - Give some information about the organisation you are working for, its focus and areas of activity.
- Form 3: Marketplace. Properly fill in the Marketplace and give details on e.g. product and the target partner sought. The Marketplace is your virtual business card - the higher the quality, the more participants will select you for meetings!!!
Who is the Participant?
The Participant is the person who will participate in the matchmaking event and who is responsible for the inserted profiles. Participants should indicate their contact details (especially e-mail and mobile phone number) to be directly informed about registration, agendas, changes in the event set-up.
What is the meaning of "support office"?
"Support Office" are in most cases Enterprise Europe Network offices (Chamber of Commerces, Technology agencies, etc.) who support Companies in doing international business free of charge. If your region is not listed in the drop-down menue, please select "Other". Your support office will be your primary contact for this event.
You can choose a password during the registration.
Password forgotten? Click on the Login button. There you will find a link "Forgot password?". Use this link to receive a email with further instructions.
How to change the password? Log in and go to Account settings.
Marketplace - Is it possible to insert more than one profile?
Yes, it is. Every participant has the possibility to insert several profiles. Please note that profiles are associated with participants. The same organisation can be registered several times with different participants (contact persons).
Is it possible to modify my profile?
Yes, it is. Log in and go to your personal Dashboard. You can use the tabs to modify any of the content you have already inserted.
When will my profile be available online? Every profile will be quality checked by your local support office. If it meets the quality criteria it will be put online, if not, you will be contacted by your support office to adapt your profile.
How can I book meetings?
Only buyers can request meetings with producers.
- Select the link "Participants" from the main menue.
- Intelligent search options (on the left) allow a quick identification of the most suitable participants/cooperation profiles.
- Use the green button "Book meetings" which you can find on each participants profile
I am a producer, why can't I book meetings?
In order to ensure perfect quality of the meetings it is mainly up to the buyers to select the producers that can meet their specific requests.
Can I refuse a meeting request?
Yes of course.
When will I get my personal meeting schedule?
- One and a half week before the event you will receive a preliminary meeting schedule (contains most of the meetings)
- At the event reception desk you get the very final schedule as paper copy (taking into account last minute changes and cancellations). You can also download the b2match app where you easily can find all your meetings including last minute changes.
When can I start planning my travel to Malmö?
Any participant that has at least one accepted meeting is welcome and entitled to participate to the Matchmaking 14-15th of November in Malmö. Do not book any tickets until you have at least one meeting during the event!
What if, due to unforeseen reasons, I cannot participate in the matchmaking event?
Please inform the event organiser ASAP. If you have booked meetings/you have been booked for meetings, please get directly in contact with your meeting partners and tell them that you cannot keep the appointment.
"No shows" are not acceptable. When accepting a meeting request you intend to participate in the matchmaking event and your potential business partner will travel to the event in order to meet with you. In respect to organisers and your potential future business partners, be in time for your meetings. If unforeseen circumstances occur and you are not able to attend the matchmaking, cancel your meetings through the platform and inform us ASAP. Cancellation of meetings will not be accepted after the 5th of November.
"No shows" will be charged 100 euros.